Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 679
The text in the Text Specification dialog is too large or small to readThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
The text in the Text Specification dialog is simply too big or too small to edit effectively. How do I reduce or enlarge the text so that I can edit it?
The Rich Text Specification dialog has a Zoom feature which allows you to specify the Zoom factor of the selected text by typing a percentage value in the text field or clicking the up/down arrows. This setting only affects the text as it appears in this dialog.
However, in the Text Specification dialog, you to can choose to preview the size at which text will be when printed for the current plan.
If you cannot read the text on the screen, it is likely that it will be difficult to read on a printed document.
By selecting or deselecting the Preview checkbox, you can view text within the Text Specification dialog box in a small, easily edited format or at the actual size that will be printed using the existing print scale settings.
To change how text displays in the Text Specification dialog:
- Open the file in which you would like to alter text.
- To add new text to your drawing, from the menu select CAD> Text> Text , and click one time on your drawing to open the Text Specification dialog.
- Alternatively, you can select an existing text object by clicking once on the Select Objects tool, and double-clicking on an existing text item. Again, the Text Specification dialog will open.
- The text size as it will display on the plan or layout can be specified in the top left corner of the Text tab, in the Height field.
- If the text appears either too big or too small for editing purposes within the Text Specification dialog, look in the upper right corner of the dialog box, under the Options heading.
- Click to remove the check in the box beside Preview. Notice that the size of the text in the entry field of the dialog changes when you deselect Preview and now displays at a size that both fits into the entry field and is easy to edit.
- When you are finished editing the text, click the OK button to close the dialog and apply your change.
The Drawing Scale will also have an effect on the size of text in the Text Specification dialog when Preview is enabled. Verify that correct the Drawing Scale is specified in the Page Setup dialog, and you will get a good approximation of how large or small the text will be on the final document.
Because monitor sizes and settings vary, the Preview option will only give you an approximation of the printed size.
Last updated on: Sep 13, 2011