Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 680
How to Define the Default Materials for Corner Boards/QuoinsThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
I would like to define the default materials for my corner boards and quoins. How is this accomplished?
In Chief Architect, the default materials for corner boards can be quickly and easily specified in the Material Defaults dialog.
To set the default materials for corner boards and quoins
- First, launch Chief Architect, and then Open the plan in which you would like to specify the materials for corner boards and quoins.
- Select Edit> Default Settings to display this dialog.
- Click on the plus [+] sign next to Corner Trim
- Highlight Corner Boards, then click on the Edit button to display the Corner Board Defaults dialog.
- Select the Materials tab, and click on Wall Corner Board.
- If you already have the material in your plan that you want to use for your Corner Boards, select Plan Material.
Otherwise, select the Library Material button to display the Select Library Object dialog, navigate to the appropriate material to select it, and click OK.
- Click OK in the Corner Board Defaults to apply this change.
- Now any corner boards that you apply to your plan will use this material, and you can repeat this same process for Quoins.
Last updated on: Feb 07, 2013