Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 681
How to Delete the Grey X's that Display when Modifying Roof PlanesThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
Chief Architect automatically adds a number of grey X's to my plan.
This happens on a regular basis, especially when I am performing tasks like editing roof planes or working with CAD objects.
What are these X's and how do I get rid of them?
The grey 's that appear are temporary points that Chief Architect has added to your roof plan, which indicate intersection points for the roof planes in your plan.
In Chief Architect X3 and later, you can prevent these temporary points from being generated.
To suppress temporary CAD points on roofs
- Select Edit> Preferences from the menu.
- On the Architectural panel of the Preferences dialog, uncheck Automatically Place Roof Intersection Points, then click OK.
- Note that this will prevent Roof Intersection Points from generating in the future, but will not remove points that may be already present.
To delete temporary CAD points:
- Open a plan in which temporary points need to be deleted.
- From the menu select CAD> Points> Delete Temporary Points to remove all temporary points from your drawing.
You can also press the Delete key on your keyboard, when nothing is selected, in order to delete the points one at a time; however, the Delete Temporary Points tool can save time when there are many points to remove.
If you want, you can add the Delete Temporary Points button to your toolbar. To learn how, see How to create a custom toolbar.
Last updated on: Mar 29, 2013