Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 69
How to Add the Degree Character ° to TextThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
I would like to place a degree symbol into my text in Chief Architect. How do I do this?
To place a special character such as ° into a text object or label, you have two options.
You can either Insert it as a special character, or you can hold down the Alt key and enter in the appropriate number to generate this symbol using your numeric keypad.
In this article, we will walk you through placing, and creating, the degree symbol indicated below.
To insert a degree symbol into a text box in Chief Architect
- First, launch Chief Architect and Open the plan in which you want to place your degree symbol into text.
- Use the Select Objects tool to select the Rich Text object in which you would like to add the degree symbol and click on the Open Object edit button to display its specification dialog.
- In the Rich Text Specification dialog, click the Insert Macro button.
- Navigate to Global> Special Characters> Degree and select it to place this character in the text box.
- In a simple Text object, which was the only type of text available in Chief Architect X1 and prior, instead navigate to the Insert option and click on the > to display the Special Characters> Degree option.
As you can see, there are a number of other Special Characters, including the percent %, Copyright ©, Registered Trademark ®, etc.
Insert Macro is available in the Rich Text Specification dialog, the Text Specification dialog, as well as on the Label tab of the specification dialogs for a variety of different objects.
To insert a degree symbol using the Alt code
- Select the Text or Rich Text object in which you want to insert a degree symbol and click the Open Object edit button.
- Click in the Text field at the location where you want to insert the degree symbol, press and hold down the Alt key, and use the numeric keypad on your keyboard to type 0176.
- The degree symbol will be inserted at the location of your cursor.
Special characters can be inserted into Text and Rich Text, object labels, as well as into the text associated with Callouts and Markers.
Last updated on: Mar 28, 2013