Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 692
How to Draw a Curved Wall that is Tangent to Two Straight WallsThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
- Chief Architect X1
I would like to draw a curved wall that connects smoothly to two straight walls. How can this be done?
A curved wall can be specified to connect smoothly to two straight walls using the Make Arc Tangent edit button.
To create a wall that is tangent to the end of two straight walls
- Draw two straight walls using one of the Straight Wall Tools , such as Exterior Wall .
- Next, draw a curved wall of the same type, such as Curved Exterior Wall , connecting the straight walls as shown below. Don't worry about positioning it perfectly: for now, just approximate the curve.
- Next, select the curved wall and click the Make Arc Tangent button that displays on the Edit toolbar.
- In the Radius of Tangent Curved Wall dialog, specify a radius and the walls will be shortened or lengthened to accomodate this new radius.
You will not be able specify a radius length if the two straight walls are parallel because only one radius length is possible in this situation.
- Your final result will be something similar to this:
Last updated on: Mar 29, 2013