Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 700
How do I add molding to the middle of a cabinet front?The information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect 10.0
I would like to add a molding to the middle of my cabinet, between the cabinet doors and drawers. However, I cannot figure out how to make the molding appear in the middle of the cabinet. How can I accomplish this?
By default, a molding will appear at the bottom or top of a cabinet - it just depends on the type of cabinet in use. However, the molding can be quickly and easily repositioned on the cabinet by using the Offset function on the Molding tab of the cabinet's specification dialog.
Use the following procedure to place molding in the middle of a cabinet front.
- Open the Chief Architect plan in which you would like to modify a cabinet, or create a new plan by selecting File> New Plan .
- To add a cabinet, from the menu select Build> Cabinet> Base Cabinet and click once in your plan to add a single base cabinet.
- Click on the Select Objects tool, and then double click on the cabinet to open the Base Cabinet Specification dialog.
- First we need to create a space for the molding to be placed. Select the Front tab and click on preview of the cabinet which displays on the right side of the dialog.
- Notice that the area in which you clicked becomes highlighted in pink.
- Click in the area between the drawer and the door. The selected area will be highlighted pink; the Item Type will read "Separation"; and the Item Height will be 2.
- If the (D) is not deleted, the Item Height will revert back to the default setting of 2".
- In this example, the Item Height is changed to 4.
- Notice that the preview image updates to reflect the change.
- Click on the + beside Moldings and Profiles.
- Click on the + beside Chair Rail.
- Click on an entry to select it. In this example, CA-25 is selected.
- Notice the Offset value in the Molding Specification section to the left of the image.
- This is the distance from either the top or bottom of the cabinet, depending on which radio button is selected below.
- By increasing or decreasing the Offset value, you can move the molding up or down, and will be able to place it exactly in the middle of the cabinet.
- In this example, a value of 10.5 is entered, which will locate the molding 10 1/2 inches below the top of the cabinet when the From Top radio button is selected.
- If the From Bottom radio button were selected instead, the molding would be located 10 1/2 inches from the bottom of the cabinet.
Last updated on: Jan 08, 2009