Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 721
How to Import an Excel SpreadsheetThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
I would like to copy and paste a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet into a Chief Architect file. How can I accomplish this task so that all of the columns, rows and cells are visible?
A spreadsheet can be quickly added to a Chief Architect plan or layout file using the shortcut keyboard commands for Copy and Paste.
To copy a spreadsheet into Chief Architect
- Select the cells that you would like to paste from a spreadsheet application such as Microsoft Excel, then select Edit> Copy from the menu.
- Open the Chief Architect plan or layout file in which you would like to paste text from another program.
- Select CAD> Text> Text from the menu, then click in your drawing area to open the Text Specification dialog.
- Click once inside the Text field, then press Ctrl + V on your keyboard, which is the shortcut for Paste.
- On the Attributes tab of the Text Specification dialog, checkbox that says Box/Grid, then click OK.
- Your selected spreadsheet cells will now appear in the Text object.
Last updated on: Feb 07, 2013