Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 803
Message: A surface is using a texture that cannot be found.The information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
I am getting the following error message:
.sourceogltext.cpp(333): Warning #272029401"A surface is using a texture that can't be found:
Followed by a path name.
What does this mean and what can be done to solve the problem?
This error message means that the program finds one or more objects in the plan that have a material applied to them but cannot find the texture file associated with this material.
This can be caused by a variety of reasons:
- The texture file has not yet been downloaded on the machine trying to use the file.
- The texture file was moved or deleted.
- The plan file has been moved to another computer and the texture is not available on this computer.
- The texture file was added from content downloaded from the Chief Architect web site and was subsequently uninstalled.
- The texture file is not a Chief Architect texture and was not shipped or installed with the program.
To resolve this issue choose one of the following methods
In Chief Architect Premier X4, to download the texture file
- Select Library> Install Core Content.
This will download and install the Core Catalog content that shipped with the program.
In Chief Architect Premier X3, to download the texture file
- Select Library> Library Browser
- Browse to the material's location, right click on it, or the folder containing it, and select Download.
- Repeat this process for any remaining content provided by Chief Architect referenced in the file that you have not yet downloaded on this machine.
In Chief Architect X2 and prior, to obtain textures that were installed from the Chief Architect web site
- Click on the User Center link on the left and find Content Resources.
- Find the content that was previously installed and download and reinstall the content.
To replace the texture file
- Find the original texture file referenced in the error message on this computer or the computer that the plan file was originally drawn on.
- Copy the texture file to the location specified in the error message or place the texture in the same folder as the plan file.
Export the texture file with the plan before moving it.
- Before moving the plan to a new location, open it from the original location.
- Select File> Backup Entire Plan from the menu.
- Choose to export texture files and images to a new folder.
- Transfer that folder to the new location.
For more information, you may wish to read more about creating textures and materials. Several articles are available in the database, including: How to create a custom material.
Last updated on: Feb 07, 2013