Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 85
Troubleshooting Printing IssuesThe information in this article applies to:
- All Chief Architect programs
I am having trouble printing my plan. An error message displays, or nothing happens. How can I resolve this problem?
To troubleshooting printing errors
- First, make sure to download and install the most recent driver for your printer from its manufacturer's website.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Only install drivers which state that they are compatible with your version of Windows.
- Once your updated printer driver is installed, launch your Chief Architect software program, Open your plan, and select File> Print> Clear Printer Info.
- Then attempt to Print your view again, making sure that the printer or plotter name you want to print to is the one which is displayed in the Print dialog.
To set the printer or plotter as your default within Windows
If you continue to experience trouble printing, and you have more than one printer associated with your system, you may need to set the printer as your Default within Windows.
For instructions on this process, please see the appropriate link for your operating system below.
Finally, if your printer still will not print to your physical printer or plotter successfully, try printing to a PDF file.
To print to a PDF file
- If you do not already have a PDF printer installed, see this article for information on downloading and installing a free PDF print driver.
Article Number 483: What software do I need to create a PDF file?
- If you are unfamiliar with the process for printing to PDF, see this online Help Database article.
Article Number 768: How to print to a PDF document
- If you are able to print to PDF successfully, try printing the PDF file to your printer.
If the PDF won't to your printer either, contact your printer manufacturer for continued troubleshooting instructions.
If none of these instructions resolve the printing issue, please contact Technical Services directly via telephone while at the machine experiencing the error for continued troubleshooting.
Last updated on: Mar 28, 2013