Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 930
How to Create Custom MuntinsThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
I would like to design my own custom muntins for the glazing of a window or door. How can I do this?
Custom muntins are created by drawing their pattern using the CAD tools, blocking the pattern to create a CAD block, and then selecting the window and clicking on the Load Muntins edit button.
To create custom muntins
- First, launch Chief Architect and Open the plan in which you would like to create your custom muntins.
- Next, select 3D> Create Orthographic View> Cross Section/Elevation to create a view of the wall the window or door is in and Zoom in on the window or glass door.
- Use the CAD> Lines> Draw Line and CAD> Arcs> Draw Arc tools to design the desired muntins.
Try to make them start and end as close to the edge of the glass as possible. Keep in mind that you will want to use two arcs to create a full circle.
- When the muntin design is complete, group-select all lines and arcs by using the Select Objects tool to select one line or arc, and then hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and click on the additional lines/arcs to select them.
- Once you have all the lines/arcs selected, click the Make CAD Block edit button.
- Select the window, or door, and click the Load Muntins edit button to convert the CAD block into custom muntins.
Note that for the purposes of this example, we showed both a glass door and window, but that the Load Muntins tool must be used separately on each window and door.
Article Number 36: How do I create a trapezoid shaped window?
Article Number 673: How to create corner windows
Last updated on: Mar 29, 2013