Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 941
How to Change what Manual Dimensions LocateThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
I would like to adjust what my manually drawn dimensions locate, such as walls, cabinets, fixtures, openings, etc. Where do I need to go to make this change?
To change the Default Settings:
- First, launch Chief Architect and choose to Open your plan.
- Select Edit> Default Settings .
- In the Default Settings dialog, click on the plus + sign next to Dimensions.
- Click on Manual Dimensions to highlight it, then select the Edit button to display the Saved Manual Dimension Defaults dialog.
- Choose the appropriate Current Default, and click on the Edit button.
Helpful Hint: To learn more about working with Annotation Sets, see the online tutorial training videos available on our website to current SSA members.
- Select the Locate Object tab.
To learn more about the options in this dialog, within the software itself, click on the Help button located near the lower right.
- Once you have finished making changes, click OK to apply them.
If you do not want to change your Default Settings for all of your dimensions, but rather perhaps just need to adjust a single individual dimension line, you can do this as well.
- First, launch Chief Architect and choose to Open the plan that has the dimension that you want to modify.
- Zoom in on the end of the dimension that you want to adjust.
- Using the Select Objects tool, select the dimension, then click and drag the edit handle to the wall layer that you want to dimension to.
Article Number 658: How to specify which wall layer exterior dimensions locate
Last updated on: Mar 29, 2013