Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 943
Where are my Libraries in X2?The information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X2
I downloaded the new Chief Architect version, X2 and my Manufacturer Libraries are empty. How do I get my libraries?
To keep the download size of X2 manageable, the Manufacturers Libraries and Bonus Content will have to be downloaded and installed separately.
- Follow the link to http://www.chiefarchitect.com/useraccess/content.html click on Name Brand Catalogs and Content then Manufacturer Catalogs for Chief X2. You will then need to select the prior version X2 content link.
For direct links to these resources, see below.
Manufacturer Content link for X2: http://www.chiefarchitect.com/useraccess/namebrandcontent.html
General Content link for X2: http://www.chiefarchitect.com/useraccess/bonuscontent2.html
If you are not logged into your account, you will need to do so when you download the first catalog.
- Once logged in, you will see a Download Now link for each catalog, click on the link.
- You will then be prompted to Run or Save the the file.
In most cases, you should choose to Run the file. Once the downloader completes, it will automatically import the catalog into your program's Library Browser.
- If you do choose to Save the file, save it to a location easily accessible, such as your Desktop.
IMPORTANT: The file just saved is not the actual catalog, but the installer file.
Double click on the installer file.
The catalog file will install, by default, to your My DocumentsDownloads folder
If you chose to Save, instead of Run the file, once the catalog has finished installing, launch Chief Architect X2.
- Open the Library Browser
- Go to Library> Import Library (.calib, .calibz...), or right click on the Import folder in the Library Browser then select Import Library (.calib, .calibz...)
- You will see a list of the Manufacturer Libraries which have been downloaded.
In our example, we have downloaded all of them prior to importing.
- Select a Library to Import, click Open.
- Once the progress bar completes, the import is finished and the catalog will be listed under the heading of Manufacturer Libraries in the Library Browser.
In our example, we have Imported all of the Manufacturer Libraries.
Last updated on: Mar 13, 2013