Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 959
How to convert Chief Architect X1 library content for use in a newer versionThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X2
I created a lot of custom library content in Chief Architect X1 that I would like to use in Chief Architect X2 or newer. How do I do this?
Starting in Chief Architect X2, the Library Browser structure is different than that used in prior versions, so you cannot simply copy the library files from one location to another in Windows Explorer. You can, however, easily convert these files to the new format.
To convert a legacy libraries
- Select Library> Convert Legacy (.alb) Library Files from the menu.
- In the Select a Legacy Library File Folder dialog, browse to the to the location of your X1 custom library content.
This is typically located in My DocumentsChief Architect X1 DataLibraries.
Select one or more .alb files to convert and import into the current version Chief Architect library.
- To select multiple files that are adjacent to one another in the list, click on the first file, hold down the Shift key, and click on the last file. These files plus the ones in between them in the list will be selected.
- To select multiple files that are not adjacent to one another in the list, click on one file, hold down the Ctrl key, and click on additional files. Only the files that you actually click on will be selected.
- To select all .alb files in the current location, click on one file and then press Ctrl + A.
Last updated on: Jun 15, 2010