Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 96
Message: A wall designated "extend slope downward" must connectThe information in this article applies to:
- All Home Designer programs
- All Chief Architect programs
I am receiving the following warning, how can I stop this from displaying in my plan?
"A wall designated "extend slope downward" must connect at each end to two perpendicular walls that extend from it in the up roof slope direction. Each of these walls must be designated a "full gable wall"."
At least one wall or railing in your plan is incorrectly labeled as Extend Slope Downward on the Roof tab of its Wall Specification dialog.
Only check Extend Slope Downward to extend the roof plane downward over a bumpout, instead of creating additional roof planes. The two connecting walls that create the bumpout must be Full Gable walls.
In the following image, the bearing wall of the bumpout has Extend Slope Downward checked. The two short side walls are Full Gable walls.
To eliminate the warning
- Using the Select Objects tool, select the incorrectly defined wall or railing.
- Click on the Open Object edit button to display the Wall Specification dialog.
- Go to the Roof tab, remove the checkmark next to Extend Slope Downward, then click OK.
Last updated on: Feb 05, 2013