Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 987
How to Use Backup Entire PlanThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
- Chief Architect X4
- Chief Architect X3
- Chief Architect X2
I would like to send a plan file to an individual using the Chief Architect Viewer. How can I send them the file so that they can see all of the materials, including those that I have created?
To send a plan in its entirety to an individual using the Chief Architect Viewer:
- Launch Chief Architect and Open the plan that you want to send to the person who will be viewing the file.
- Select File> Backup Entire Plan .
In Chief Architect X2, select File> Export> Entire Plan .
- In the Backup Entire Plan dialog, leave the radio button set at Export All Files (Including Textures, Backdrops and Images) and click OK.
- In the Browse For Folder dialog, click on the Make New Folder option.
- Name the folder appropriately
- Select the newly created folder to highlight it.
- Click OK to create a backup of the file at the location your have chosen, including the associated files such as images, textures, and backdrops.
To compress the folder to send to the client.
- Exit completely out of the Chief Architect program.
- Go to your Desktop, or where you created the folder.
- Right click on the folder and click Send to> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
- Send the individual the compressed folder to the person who will be using the Viewer.
Note that if you are e-mailing them the file, they must save the zipped folder onto their computer, right click, and choose to extract before they can open the plan in the Viewer.
Be aware that most email providers limit the size of attachments to 10MB. If your plan is bigger than this you should consider saving the file to disk instead.
If you are sending it on a disc or via a removable usb device, they will need to copy the compressed folder on to their computer and extract the files as well.
Your clients can request the Chief Architect Client Viewer from our website at: http://www.chiefarchitect.com/resources/viewerrequest.php
Last updated on: Mar 29, 2013