Technical Support Base Version Program Updates
This update will update Chief Architect 9.5, 9.51, 9.52 or 9.53 to 9.54. We are using a new update method that allows us to package all the updates for a version in a single file. We are also doing a search of your system for the installed location rather than looking at the default install location.
- It is always a good idea to make a complete backup of your work before making any changes to your computer. If you do not know how to do this please consult a local computer technician to get advise on how to perform a backup.
- When prompted, make sure you choose "Save to disk". We recommend saving the file to your Desktop, where it will be easily found.
- Important: Once you’ve downloaded the update, make sure you’ve closed Chief Architect. If you update with Chief Architect open you will need to reboot your computer for the update to take effect.
- Once you have completed the download and closed Chief Architect double click on the download and follow the installation instructions.
- Once the update finds the install directory it will prompt you to confirm the location. If this is not the location that you want to update you can indicate this and it will continue searching. If it does not find an update location it will ask you to browse to the installed location.
- If you get any errors about being out of memory or other types of errors you may not have enough rights on your system to install the update. If this is the case, copy the update to the install directory of Chief Architect and run it from there. If it still does not run try logging on as the local administrator.