July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
I have text in Chief Architect that I would like to copy into Microsoft Word, as well as text in Word that I would like to copy into Chief. How can I do this?
Text can be copied to and from Chief Architect using the shortcut keyboard commands for Copy and Paste.
To copy text from Chief Architect to another program
Open a Chief Architect plan that contains text you would like to copy.
- Using the Select Objects tool, select the text you wish to copy.
- Click the Copy/Paste edit button.
- Open the program you want to paste this copied text into and press Ctrl + V if you're on a Windows PC or Command + V if you're on a Mac on your keyboard.
To copy text from another program into Chief Architect
- Select the text you would like to copy, right click and choose Copy.
- Open Chief Architect and click Edit> Paste> Paste .
Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+V if you're on a Windows PC or Command + V if you're on a Mac on your keyboard.