July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
I would like to display the framing for my roof 3D, and nothing else. How can I do this?
You can easily control the display of objects such as roof framing members in your 2D and 3D views.
To display roof framing only
- Select Tools> Layer Settings> Layer Set Management from the menu.
- In the Layer Set Management dialog:
- Select the All Off Set from the list of Available Layer Sets.
- With the All Off Set selected, click the Copy button.
- In the New Layer Set dialog, type a short descriptive name for your new layer set, such as Roof Framing Only, and click OK.
- In the Layer Display Options dialog, which opens next:
- Notice that the name of your new layer set displays at the top left.
- Scroll down the list of layers and turn on the display of the Framing, Roof Rafters and Framing, Roof Trusses layers.
- Make any other changes that you may want to these layers, then click OK.
- Click OK once more to close the Layer Set Management dialog.
- Create a 3D view of your model, then click the Active Layer Set Control arrow and select your new layer set from the drop-down list.
Note: If you do not see any roof framing or roof trusses in this view, you most likely have not yet built your roof framing or manually drawn any roof trusses.