July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
How do I add a painting or photograph to a wall in my plan?
In Chief Architect, paintings and other images can be applied as a material to the inner portion of a picture frame and then displayed on a wall or in a frame on a desk.
To add an image to a frame
- Open the Chief Architect plan in which you would like to place a painting or other image on a wall.
- Select 3D> Create Perspective View> Full Camera from the menu, then click and drag a camera arrow in the direction of the wall on which you want to place a painting.
- Select View> Library Browser from the menu if your library browser isn't already open.
- In the Library Browser, navigate to Interiors> Accessories> Mirrors & Frames and click on a picture frame to select it.
- When you move your cursor into the 3D view area, it will display the Furnishings (Interior) icon. Click once on the wall to place the frame at that location.
- Alternatively, you can place a desk frame on a desk, table or other furniture item.
- Picture frames can also be placed on a wall or piece of furniture in floor plan view.
- The frame will display a preselected painting in its center.
To change the painting to a new image
- Select 3D> Material Painter> Material Painter from the menu and make sure that the Material Painter Component Mode is selected.
- In the Select Material dialog, browse the Materials library category and click on the desired material to select it, then click OK to close the dialog and return to the 3D view.
The Artwork library contains a selection of paintings, photographs and prints, and you may also add custom materials to your User Libraries folder.
- Your cursor will now display the Material Painter icon. Click once in the center of the frame to apply the selected material.