The information in this article applies to:
While adding a dishwasher, trash compactor, and other fixtures to my plan, an Information message sometimes tells me that this fixture/appliance must be placed into a particular type of cabinet. Why does this happen?
One of several warning messages may display if you try to place a fixture into a cabinet that it is not designed to insert into.
For example, if you try to place cook top into a Wall or Full Height cabinet, a message will state:
- "This fixture or appliance must mount in a base cabinet. You clicked on a full height or wall cabinet."
Other Information messages that you might encounter include:
- "This fixture/appliance can't be placed into a blocked cabinet."
- "This fixture or appliance must be placed into a base, or perhaps full height, cabinet. You clicked on a wall cabinet."
In order to insert a fixture into a cabinet, you must insert it into the appropriate type of cabinet.
To place a fixture or appliance into a cabinet
- From the menu, select Build> Cabinet> Base Cabinet , then click the location on the plan where the fixture will be placed.
- Use the Select Objects tool and click once on the cabinet one time to select it and display its edit handles.
- Depending on the fixture, you may need to enlarge the cabinet to accommodate the fixture. Click on an edit handle and drag to position or resize the cabinet as desired.
- From the menu, select View> Library Browser to open the Library Browser, then browse to Chief Architect Core Catalogs> Architectural> Fixtures or Appliances category.
- Expand the list for Fixtures (or Appliances) to display the contents of the category.
- To select an object for placement in your plan, click on the preview of the chosen appliance or fixture. Examples of fixtures and appliances that are placed into cabinets include:
- Appliances such as cook tops, dishwashers, and wall ovens.
- Fixtures such as sinks and drop-in tubs.
- Click in the middle of the cabinet. The fixture will now display on the plan as it has been placed in the cabinet.
- If an error message indicates that the cabinet is not large enough to hold the fixture/appliance:
- Click the Select Objects tool, then click on the cabinet in question.
- Using either the edit handles or the settings in the cabinet's specification dialog, increase the width and/or depth so that it is large enough to hold the fixture.
- Select the fixture or appliance from the library and place it into the cabinet.