July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
I have added a great deal of text to my drawing file, and I am almost ready to create a layout file using Chief Architect. How do I check the spelling of my text in a drawing file or layout file?
Spelling can be checked using the Spell Check utility. There are two ways to check spelling in a plan or layout file - throughout the entire file or in the selected text object(s) only.
To check spelling in an entire file
- Open the drawing or layout file in which you would like to check spelling.
If you run Spell Check in a layout file, only the text that was created on the layout page will be checked - text in the views sent to the layout page will not.
- Select Tools> Checks> Spell Check from the menu to open the Check Spelling dialog.
- In this dialog, you will be able to:
- Check all text in your document.
- Ignore certain text items.
- Add custom text entries to the spell checker.
- Correct misspelled words.
- When Spell Check has checked the entire file, the Spell Check Results dialog will open, displaying:
- How many words were checked.
- How many errors were detected.
- How many custom words were created during your spell check session.
- Review this information and click the Done button to close the dialog.
To check spelling in selected text objects
- Click the Select Objects button, then click on one or more Text object(s) to select them.
- Click the Open Object edit button, and on the Text panel of the Text Specification dialog, click the Spell Check button.
- The Spell Check utility will run as described above.