July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
I want to adjust a wall in a Cross Section/Elevation or other camera view, but when I go to do so, the whole room selects. How can I select just an individual wall?
In Chief Architect, the room selects by default before the individual wall in camera views.
To select and individual wall
- First, select the wall you want to adjust, and notice that the Status Bar indicates that the Room is what is selected.
- Then, click on the Next edit button, or the Tab key on your keyboard, to select the individual wall.
Notice that the Status Bar now indicates that the Wall is what is selected.
To adjust preferences to select wall before room
- Within your plan, select Edit> Preferences .
On a Mac, navigate to Chief Architect> Preferences.
- Click on Architectural along the left side to highlight it.
- Under the Walls category, uncheck Select Room Before Wall in 3D.
- Click OK to apply the change to all plans so that, in the future, the wall will be the object selected, instead of the room.