July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
How can I create a label for my window that will update as I make changes to the window?
You can create dynamically updating window labels easily by taking advantage of the built-in label macros.
To create the label
- First, using the Select Objects tool, select a Window and click on the Open Object edit button.
- Under the Label panel, of the Window Specification dialog, select Specify Label.
- Click the Insert button, and under Object Specific, choose the macro you wish to insert.
- You can arrange these macros in the label field however you wish in order to create a label that fits your requirements.
For the purposes of this example, select both Width and then Type Name, so the Specify Label field reads: %width% %type_name%.
- Click OK to accept the new label and your window's label will now update with any changes you make to it.