October 17, 2017
The information in this article applies to:
How can I add feet to my cabinets?
Feet can be added to cabinets in Chief Architect through the Cabinet Specification Dialog.
With the right modifications, cabinet tools can be used to create storage furniture, kitchen islands, tables, and a variety of other household items.
To add feet to a cabinet
- Select a base cabinet you'd like to apply cabinet feet to and click on the Open Object edit button to open the Base Cabinet Specification dialog.
- On the Accessories panel:
- Select the Library button next to the Foot Style drop-down.
- In the Select Library Object dialog that displays, navigate to: Chief Architect Core Catalogs> Architectural> Millwork> Cabinet Feet and select a cabinet foot profile of your choice.
In this example, the Bun Foot 2 option is used.
- Once done, hit the OK button to confirm the change and close out of the dialog.
When multiple cabinets that have feet applied are bumped up next to each other, Chief Architect will remove any feet that may be unnecessary.
To place feet under the cabinet separation
- Select a cabinet and click on the Open Object edit tool once again to open the Base Cabinet Specification dialog. On the Accessories panel, place a check in the Always Present checkbox.
- Hit OK to confirm the change and close out of the dialog.
Each of the base cabinets in the image below now have four feet present.