How to Reset your Chief Architect Passwords
| Reference Number: KB-00086 Last Updated: 10-08-2013 08:14 AM
I want to log in to Chief Architect's website, but I forgot my password! What can I do?
At this time, there are three different sections of the Chief Architect website you could potentially log in to, so first you need to determine which section of the website it is that you want to access.
- My Account - The main website login, which allows users with current Support & Software Assurance to download the software, bonus and manufacturer content, and watch online tutorial training videos.
- ChiefTalk - Our free online user forum
- Online Support Center - For current version software users with Support and Software Assurance to contact our Support team in order to troubleshoot technical issues such as error messages, program crashes, problems with installation, etc.
Main website Support and Software Assurance login
This is the only login that was created for you automatically, which occurred when you purchased Chief Architect as a software download with Support and Software Assurance (SSA).
Logging in to the main website
- If you are current with your Support and Software Assurance, you can log in to your My Account page by going to - http://login.chiefarchitect.com/login
- If you don't remember your password, click on the "Lost your Password?" link.
- Type in your e-mail address, and click the Reset button.
- Check your e-mail for the temporary password, and log in to the website using it.
If the "password" field is already filled out by your web browser, delete anything in that field before putting in the new temporary password.
- Once you have logged in to your "My Account" page, under Account Settings, click on the Change Your Password link and change from the temporary password, which will expire, to a secure password that you will remember for logging in to the website in the future.
Please note, you must register for ChiefTalk before you would have a login for the forum. If you have not registered for ChiefTalk, instead click on the Register link and enter in the requested information to create a new account.
Requesting a temporary password for ChiefTalk
- If you have registered and used ChiefTalk in the past, and have forgotten your username or password, click on the "Lost your password?" link below the member login near the upper right of your screen.
- Put in the e-mail address that you registered with, fill out the written or audio Captcha, then click on the Request Username / Password Now button.
- If you no longer have access to the e-mail address you originally registered with, you can instead Register a new account using your new e-mail address. You will need to choose a new username.
- If you get a warning that no ChiefTalk account is associated with the e-mail address that you provided, then you either have not yet registered for ChiefTalk, or your Account was created using a different e-mail address.
- Check your e-mail, and log in to ChiefTalk using the temporary password that was provided.
- Once you've logged in using your temporary password, change your password to one that you will remember in the future for logging in to the forum.
Online Support Center
Please note, you must register for an Online Support Center account. If you haven't registered for the Online Support Center, please Register for a New Account.
Requesting a temporary password for the Online Support Center
- Go to http://support.chiefarchitect.com/
- Click on the Forgot your password? link
- Put in the e-mail address that you registered your Online Support Center account with, and click on the Submit button.
- If you get a warning that your e-mail address does not match any accounts in our database, then you have either not yet registered an account, or you created it under a different e-mail address.
- Go to your e-mail to locate the temporary password, and log in to the Online Support Center using it.
- Finally, change the password to one of your own choosing that you will remember in the future for logging in to the website.
If you are unfamiliar with using the Online Support Center to submit technical issues, please review Article Number 717: How to use the Online Support Center.
Article Number 696: Where is my Emergency Transfer Password?