Building a Wine Rack or Plate Shelf
| Reference Number: KB-00433 Last Updated: 10-03-2013 05:36 AM
The information in this article applies to:
I would like to know the correct procedure for creating a wine rack or plate rack in a cabinet using Chief Architect.
Both a wine rack and plate rack are easy to create using Chief Architect.
To create a wine rack or a plate rack
- First, launch Chief Architect and choose to Open the plan in which you would like to create the wine rack or plate rack.
- From the menu, select Build> Cabinet> Wall Cabinet . Click in the plan to place your cabinet.
- Once you have added a cabinet to your plan, you can convert it into a wine rack or plate rack by clicking on the Select Objects tool, then select the Open Object edit button to display the Wall Cabinet Specification dialog.
- In Chief Architect X3 and newer, select the Door/Drawer tab and click on the Library button under the Door Style.
In Chief Architect X2 and prior, click on the cabinet's door in preview of the cabinet along the right side to go to the Front tab with the cabinet's door selected.
Next to Door Style, click on the Library button to display the Select Library Object dialog.
- In the Select Library Object dialog, click on the plus sign beside Cabinet Doors and Drawers. and navigate to Specialty Storage.
- Select the appropriate wine or plate rack from the list, and click OK.
- If your wall cabinet currently has a handle or knob, you may want to use the Handle Style drop down menu to change it from Use Default to None.
- Still in the Wall Cabinet Specification dialog on the Front tab, under Door/Drawer Overlay, check the box for Inset to make all door and drawer faces flush with the cabinet face, instead of overlaying it.
- Click on the preview display of the cabinet door to select it, moving to the Front tab.
- Under Face Items, click the button to Specify Shelves.
- Move the radio button down from Automatic to Manual, change the number of shelves to 0 and click OK.
- Once these settings have been completed, click the OK button and, from the menu choose 3D> Create Perspective View> Full Camera .
In Chief Architect X1 and prior versions, select 3D> Create Render View> Render Full Camera
- Once the camera view generates, you can zoom in on the newly created wine rack and determine if further modification is necessary.