Adding Light Fixtures and Other Electrical Objects to a Plan
| Reference Number: KB-00608 Last Updated: 07-30-2014 07:30 AM
The information in this article applies to:
When I select Build> Electrical from the menu, I have a choice between a 110V and a 220V Outlet, a Light, and a Switch. These choices are generic - how do I add special application outlets and switches, light fixtures with different styles, or other objects such as smoke detectors and fans?
A wide variety of electrical objects, including related items such as cable and telephone jacks, doorbells, thermostats and intercoms, are available in the Library Browser. You can place objects directly from the library, and you can also specify which objects are placed when you use the Electrical Tools.
To place electrical objects from the library
- From the menu, select View> Library Browser to open the Library Browser.
- In Chief Architect X5 and prior, navigate to Library> Library Browser.
- Browse to Chief Architect Core Catalogs> Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing> Electrical category to find an object that you need, then click on that object to select it.
- When you move your cursor into the drawing area, it will display the Electrical icon .
- Click once in the drawing area to place the selected electrical object at that location.
To set electrical tool defaults
- Select Edit> Default Settings from the menu.
- In the Default Settings dialog, click on the Electrical option, then click the Edit button.
- In the Electrical Defaults dialog:
- In the list at the top left, click on the type of electrical object that you want to select a default object for.
- Click the Library button, and in the Select Library Object dialog, browse the Electrical library category and select an object that suits your needs.
- When a library item is selected for a particular electrical object type, a preview image will display at right, above the Library button, when that item is selected from the list.
- Make any needed changes to the Default Heights of outlets and/or switches.
- When you are satisfied with your selections, click the OK button to close the dialog and apply your changes.
- In the Default Settings dialog, click the Done button.
- Select Build> Electrical from the menu and choose an Electrical Tool that you specified a default library object for.
- Click in your plan to place the library object at the location where you clicked.