Setting the Print Scale
| Reference Number: KB-00651 Last Updated: 10-02-2013 10:02 AM
The information in this article applies to:
When I select File> Print> Print in my .plan file, the print scale is set at 1/4" = 1'.
I would like the scale to be something different -- possibly 1/8" = 1'. How do I change the scale in the Print dialog when the field is not accessible?
If you have already sent a view to your .layout file at scale, and are printing from that layout view, the Drawing Scale should remain at at 1:1 scale.
If you want to print your layout file at a smaller scale for test printing, please review Article Number 567: How to create a Check Plot
These instructions work for printing either to a physical plotter, or to a PDF file.
When the Print dialog is opened, the Drawing Scale is already set and is displayed as a reference only. Using the procedure below, however, you can set the scale for the current print job, as well as future print jobs.
Setting the Drawing Scale
- Select File> Print> Page Setup .
- In the Page Setup dialog
- Under the Scale heading of the Page Setup dialog, specify the desired Drawing Scale.
- If your desired printer or PDF print driver is not shown under the Select Printer heading, click the Printer button to select it.
- Make sure that your Printer Paper and Drawing Sheet are set to the same Size and Orientation.
- Once you have made the appropriate changes, click the OK button to close the dialog and apply your specifications.
- Select File> Save from the menu to save your new Drawing Scale with the current file.
- When you are ready to print, from the menu select File> Print> Print to open the Print dialog.
Notice that under the Scaling heading, the scale reflects what you set it as in the Page Setup dialog.
Make sure To Scale is the selected radio button when you go to print.
- Click OK to print your plan at the selected scale.
Using this procedure, you can easily adjust the Drawing Scale of a file whenever you need to.