Adding Roof Gutters
| Reference Number: KB-00675 Last Updated: 07-30-2014 08:54 AM
The information in this article applies to:
How do I apply a gutter profile to the roof in my plan?
The Library Browser includes a selection of gutter profiles that can be applied to both automatically generated and manually drawn roofs.
To specify a gutter profile
- Select Build> Roof> Build Roof from the menu to open the Build Roof dialog.
- On the Options panel, confirm that the box beside Gutter is checked.
- On the Gutter panel, click the Replace button to open the Select Library Object dialog.
- Search or browse in the Library Browser and choose a gutter profile from the library.
- Click on the gutter profile of your choice, then click the OK to close the dialog and return to the Gutter tab of the Build Roof dialog.
- A preview of the gutter profile you selected now displays and the height, width and offset from either the top or bottom edge can be specified.
- On the Materials panel, click on the word Molding under the name of the gutter profile that you selected and click the Library Material button.
- In the Select Library Object dialog, browse to the desired material for the gutters.
- In this example, Metal Copper (Polished) is used.
- Click OK to close the dialog and return to the Build Roof dialog.
- On the Roof panel, place a check in the box beside Build Roof Planes.
In X2 and prior this will be the Build tab.
- Notice that Rebuild Walls/Floors/Ceilings and Build Fascia, Gutters, Frieze become checked, as well.
- In order to generate gutters, it is important that this box remain checked.
- Click the OK to close the dialog and generate the roof.
- To confirm that your selected gutter profile has been applied to the newly built roof, select 3D> Create Orthographic Camera> Backclipped Cross Section and click and drag a camera arrow running parallel to the roof plane eaves with gutters so that the profile can been viewed.
In Chief Architect X1 and prior, use 3D> Create Vector View> Backclipped Cross Section.
Note: The settings in the Build Roof dialog, including the gutter
profile, will be applied when you manually draw roof planes, as well as
when you build a roof automatically.
To add or remove a gutter from an individual roof plane
- Click the Select Objects button, then click on a roof plane to select it.
- Click the Open Object edit button, and on the Options panel of the Roof Plane Specification, either check or uncheck Gutter, depending on your needs, then click OK.