Program Update Archive Version 7 Recovery
Update from 7.01 (any earlier date) to 7.02 (current)
If you previously updated your version of Chief to a version date other than those listed, you will need to delete the patched file and recover the original Chief70.exe dated 12-01-00 from the Chief Architect 7.0 software CD.
If you need to recover the original Chief70.exe
- Insert the Chief Architect 7.0 CD. When the Auto Install comes up, exit.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the CD.
- Explore the CD.
- Find the folder named "Chief70". In the Chief70 folder, find a file named "Chief70.exe". Right click on it. A grey box will come up. Left click "copy".
- Navigate to the installed Chief Architect folder on the hard drive. (If you installed using defaults, the folder will be C:\Program Files\ART\Chief70). Right click on the Chief70 folder on the hard drive and left click "paste". That should paste a copy of the Chief70.exe file into your working installation. If you see a message that says the file already exists, replace it.
- Open the Chief70 folder on the hard disk(C:) and look for the Chief70.exe file that was just pasted in. Right click on it. At the bottom of the small grey box, choose properties. There will be a check in the "read only" check box. Remove the check. Use the OK button to exit the dialog boxes.
- Return to the Updates page and click on the link for those running 7.0 as their current version.