Program Updates Full Version 10 Program Updates
Program updates to the currently shipping products are released from time to time providing feature enhancements and to resolve reported problems. Updates are provided free of charge by downloading from this page.
This update will update any version of Chief Architect 10 Full to 10.08a. The update will find the installed version of Chief Architect version 10 and update the files in that directory.
Important: Be sure to download the Vista update only if you are using Windows Vista and Chief Architect with a Hardware Lock. There are no additional changes in this update other than updated hardware lock drivers and a change in the Chief Architect Executable file that allows the updated drivers to work
There are some important changes between previous versions of Chief Architect 10 and the 10.03a or newer versions of Chief Architect in regard to the way layers and layer sets work in views within a plan. Opening a 10.03a or newer plan in a prior version of Chief Architect 10 will result in some loss of information in your layer sets. If you intend to work with another user sharing plans verify that you are both using the same updated version of Chief Architect before sharing plans. More details can be found in the update notes.
- It is always a good idea to make a complete backup of your work before making any changes to your computer. If you do not know how to do this please consult a local computer technician to get advice on how to perform a backup.
- When prompted, make sure you choose "Save to disk". We recommend saving the file to your Desktop, where it will be easily found.
- Important: Once you’ve downloaded the update, make sure you’ve closed Chief Architect. If you update with Chief Architect open you will need to reboot your computer for the update to take effect.
- Once you have completed the download and closed Chief Architect double click on the download and follow the installation instructions.
- Once the update finds the install directory it will prompt you to confirm the location. If this is not the location that you want to update you can indicate this and it will continue searching. If it does not find an update location it will ask you to browse to the installed location.
- If you get any errors about being out of memory or other types of errors you may not have enough rights on your system to install the update. If this is the case, copy the update to the install directory of Chief Architect and run it from there. If it still does not run try logging into your computer as the local administrator.
Please choose the correct update for your operating system.
Windows XP and older:
Download the Chief Architect 10.08a Full Update