How to Add a Corner Cabinet
| Reference Number: KB-00330 Last Updated: 12-24-2014 11:49 AM
The information in this article applies to:
How do I add a corner cabinet to a plan?
There are two ways to create a corner cabinet in Chief Architect.
- You can click near the intersection of two perpendicular walls to place a corner cabinet, or
- You can specify an existing cabinet as a corner cabinet.
To place a corner cabinet
- Select Build> Cabinet> Base Cabinet .
For this example we will use a Base Cabinet, but you can use this same procedure to create corner Wall and Full Height cabinets
- Once you choose a cabinet, the cursor will appear as a cross hair with the Base Cabinet icon next to it. You will also see an outline of a corner cabinet in the corner.
- Position the cross hair in a corner of the room, making sure that it is as close to the corner as possible.
- Click the mouse button once and a diagonal-shaped cabinet should display in the corner.
A regular cabinet may be created if the cross hair is not placed exactly in the corner of the room. If a regular cabinet places, use the menus to select Edit> Undo
and begin step four
- To set this corner cabinet as a Lazy Susan, select the Cabinet and click on the Open Object edit button to display the Base Cabinet Specification dialog.
- Select the Front tab, and under Corner Options, place a checkmark next to Lazy Susan to indicate a lazy Susan in the cabinet’s label and its appearance in floor plan view, and click OK.
This option does not display in 3D views.
If you would like the corner cabinet to have a standard front, follow the instructions below.
Select the cabinet click the Open Object edit button.
On the Front tab of the cabinet's specification dialog, remove the checkmark from the Diagonal Door checkbox, then click OK.
You can specify a normal cabinet as a corner cabinet in its specification dialog.
To specify an existing cabinet as a corner cabinet
- Click on a cabinet to select it and click the Open Object edit button.
- On the General tab of the cabinet's specification dialog:
- Change the Width value so that it is greater than the Depth value.
In this example, the Width is changed to 36" while the Depth remains at 24".
- Select Corner from the Special Type drop-down list.
- Click OK to close the dialog and apply your changes.
- The cabinet will now become a corner cabinet, regardless of how it was originally created.