July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
I would like to add curved stairs or add a spiral staircase to my plan. How can I do this?
There are several ways to create curved or spiral stairs in Chief Architect. One way is to place a spiral staircase from the Library Browser, and other methods use the Stair Tools.
To use the curved stair tools
- Select Build> Stairs> Curve to Left or Curve to Right from the menu, then click once in floor plan view to add curved stairs at that location.
- To more, resize or rotate the stairs, click the Select Objects button then click on the stairs to select then and display their edit handles.
Note: Stairs created using any of the Stair Tools can be curved or straightened by selecting the stairs, holding down the Alt key, and then dragging either the top or bottom edit handle to either side.
To place a spiral staircase
- Open the Chief Architect plan in which you would like to place a spiral staircase, or select File> New Plan from the menu.
- Select Library> Library Browser from the menu to open the Library Browser window.
- Browse to Architectural> Staircases> Spiral and click on either of the spiral staircases to select it.
- When you move your cursor into the drawing area, it will display the Fixtures (Interior) icon. Click once to place the selected spiral staircase at that location.
- Once created, you can use the edit handles to move, resize or rotate the staircase as needed.