Using the Online Support Center
| Reference Number: KB-00717 Last Updated: 01-02-2015 09:01 AM
The information in this article applies to:
I need to submit a trouble ticket to the Chief Architect Technical Support Department. How can I do this?
The Online Support Center is a website that allows you to communicate securely and directly with a Chief Architect Technical Support Analyst and send or receive any plan, layout, or other files that the Analyst may need in order to best help you resolve your issue. It also gives you the opportunity for you to review past technical support inquiries.
This article outlines how to do important tasks in the Online Support Center so that you can use it effectively:
Note: The sample images in this article show Internet Explorer. If you use a
different default web browser, some elements on the page may look
different - but the functionality will be the same.
To access the Online Support Center
- Navigate to http://www.chiefarchitect.com/ and click the My Account link in the upper right corner of the webpage.
- Log in with the email address and password you used to purchase the software.
- If you do not remember your password use the Lost your password? link to have your password reset.
- If you are using a trial version, or have not yet purchased a Chief Architect product, click the Don't have an account yet? Sign up here link to create a Chief Architect Account.
- Once logged in, click on the Technical Support Center link listed in the Available Services section.
To submit a new ticket
- Click the New Case button to start a new Technical Support case.
- At the top, using the drop down menu, choose the Chief Architect product that you need assistance with.
- If you do not see your current product within the drop down menu, click on the My Question is on a Different Product button on the right side of the screen.
- In the Type a short Subject field, type a short, but descriptive summary of the problem you are encountering.
Once the subject field has been filled, you can click on the the Find an answer button below to see if there are any knowledge base articles related to your issue.
- In the Type a detailed question box, type your question or a description of your issue in as much detail as possible:
- Include the exact wording or any error or warning messages that you are receiving.
- Provide detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the message, or incorrect functionality, that the program is exhibiting.
- If you suspect that the problem may be related to your system, be sure to include the version of Windows or Mac, video card, and any other relevant information on the computer.
- If you want to attach one or more files to your ticket, click the Browse button below the text box.
- When you are finished, confirm that all fields are filled in and then click the Submit Ticket button at the bottom of the form.
Chief Architect Technical Support strives to answer all Online Support Center tickets within two business days; however, they are often able to answer a ticket within standard business hours.
When your ticket is answered, you will receive an email letting you know. Simply log back in at your convenience to read the reply.
Back to top
One of the benefits of using the Online Support Center to contact Chief Architect Technical Support is that you can attach files to your tickets, which are often very helpful for answering questions and troubleshooting problems.
To attach a file to an Online Support Center ticket
- If you want to attach a copy of a plan or layout to your ticket, use the Backup Entire Plan tool to save a copy of the file along with all associated image files in their own folder.
- After using Backup Entire Plan , save your work and exit out of Chief Architect.
- In Windows Explorer, browse to the location where the file you wish to attach is saved.
- In order to upload a folder, it must be zipped. Instructions for creating a zipped file are included in Using the Backup Entire Plan tool.
- We recommend compressing all large files before attaching them to make the upload process quicker, and to protect the integrity of the original file while it is being uploaded and downloaded.
- The file is now ready to be attached to your ticket. Click the Browse button near the bottom of the form.
- In the Open dialog:
- Navigate to the location of the file you wish to attach to your ticket.
- Click on the name of the file to select it and click the Open button to attach it.
- Confirm that all fields in your Online Support Center case are filled in and click the Submit Case button at the bottom of the form.
Back to top