The information in this article applies to:
I am having trouble downloading the Core Catalogs, where the following warning displays:
"Part of the catalog download/update has timed out. Please check your network connection and security settings. If connecting wirelessly, try plugging directly into modem/router and then downloading again.
Would you like to try downloading again?"
"Security software or a firewall is blocking the program from accessing the catalog download server. Please re-configure and try downloading the catalog again"
How can I resolve this warning?
There are a number of potential reasons this warning may occur. If selecting "Yes" and attempting to redownload the Core Catalogs does not work after the first attempt, the following are some of the most likely potential issues:
- If you are using Mac OSX Mavericks or OSX Yosemite, App Nap may be preventing the download from continuing when you switch to another program.
App Nap can be disabled by opening the Applications folder in Finder and selecting your Home Designer or Chief Architect product and selecting "File> Get Info" from the menu. Under General put a checkmark in the box that says "prevent App Nap"
- You may not be connected to the internet in order to complete the download.
- There may be a third party application running in the background on the computer blocking the download.
- Your network may have permissions set in place for a firewall or proxy server blocking the download.
If you have verified your internet connectivity, third party applications, and network settings, but are still experiencing trouble with downloading the Core Catalogs, please contact Technical Support using the Online Support Center and attach the library error log file to continue troubleshooting.
You can also manually download and install the Core Catalog files for your specific product, or install them from the program's backup DVD if you purchased one.
To send the error information to Technical Support
- Exit out of your Chief Architect program completely, then within your operating system, navigate the program's Data folder, which is located in your Documents directory, for example ..\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X7 Data.
- Inside of your program's Data folder, open the "Database Libraries" folder and locate the errors.log file.
- Compress the errors.log file
Attach the newly created errors.zip file to a New Ticket in the Online Support Center.
- In Windows, right-click on the errors.log file and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) folder.
- On a Mac, select the errors.log file, and from the menu select File> Compress "errors.log".