Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 2072
How to Create an Appliance Garage in a CabinetThe information in this article applies to:
- Chief Architect X5
I need to place a vertical sliding tambour door in my cabinet. Is there a way to do this in Chief Architect?
You can change the door style of any cabinet using a selection of pre-made doors in the Chief Architect Library.
In this article, you will learn how to add a bread door, also known as a tambour door, to a wall cabinet using a door style from the Chief Architect Core Catalog.
To design the cabinet
- Start by adding a Wall Cabinet to your plan, click Build> Cabinet> Wall Cabinet .
If you move your mouse cursor in to a corner, notice the preview updates so that you will automatically place a corner cabinet, as demonstrated in this example.
- Click to place the cabinet in your plan, then select it and click the Open Object edit tool.
- On the Front tab of the Wall Cabinet Specification dialog, click the Add New button.
- In the New Cabinet Face Item dialog, select Door Panel and set the Item Height.
In this example, use 17-5/8".
- Now, select the bottom item of the cabinet in the preview, which should be a Separation, then click Delete to remove it.
- Select the door panel in the preview, and click the Library button to display the Select Library Object dialog.
Navigate to Chief Architect Core Catalogs> Architectural> Cabinet Doors, Drawers, & Panels> Specialty Storage, and choose Appliance Garage.
- Set the Appliance Garage to be Inset.
Now your cabinet should have a tambour style door that opens upwards from the bottom.
Last updated on: Feb 01, 2013