September 23, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
I have a folder full of 3D symbols and would like to import them into Chief Architect. Is there a way to import them as a group, or do I have to do it one symbol at a time?
More than one symbol can be imported into the library at a time provided that the following requirements are met:
- The symbols are located in the same folder on your computer.
- Multiple symbols can only be imported using the Import 3D Symbol dialog.
If you try to drag and drop group-selected files in Windows Explorer, only the file that was selected first is imported.
- When imported as a group, symbols must be assigned to the same symbol category.
If you wish to assign them to different categories, they must be imported separately.
Symbols that are imported as a group are assigned names based on their original file names with the file extension omitted.
To select multiple files in the Import 3D Symbol dialog
- Click on the first one, hold down the Shift key, then click on another file. The two files plus all files in between are selected.
- To select multiple files individually, click on one, hold down the Ctrl key (or the Command key if you have a Mac), then click on additional files. Only the files you click on are selected.
- To select all files in the directory, click on one and press Ctrl + A. (or Command + A if you have a Mac) Only do this if you wish to import all files in the folder.
To select multiple files in the Library Browser
- Right click on User Catalog, then select New> 3D Symbol and follow the same steps as you would if you were selecting from the Symbol dialog.