March 30, 2017
The information in this article applies to:
I am trying to place an object using a toolbar button, but keep encountering this error message:
"The file that saves the library item button information appears to be corrupt or out of date. You will have to reconfigure the button."
How do I reconfigure the button?
This warning message will appear when the toolbar button that you have selected needs to be associated with an object from your Library.
To correct the error
- Click OK in the warning dialog to close it, and the Library Object Button Specification dialog will display.
- Click on the Library button to display the Select Library Object dialog.
- Navigate to an appropriate replacement item, select it to highlight it, and click on the OK button.
- Select an appropriate button icon, or choose one on your computer, then click OK.
- Now, every time you select that Library Object toolbar button, it will place the new object that you have chosen from the Library Browser.