February 7, 2019
The information in this article applies to:
I have Room Planner installed on an iPad, iPhone or Android device. What is the procedure to import a design created in Room Planner into Chief Architect or Home Designer?
Use the steps below to import a floor plan design created in Room Planner into your Chief Architect or Home Designer desktop software.
Note: While Room Planner files can be imported into Chief Architect and Home Designer desktop products, it's not currently possible to import a Chief Architect Plan back into Room Planner.
To save a Room Planner design to the Cloud
- Using your device with Room Planner installed, launch the Room Planner application.
- Tap the Plans icon and then tap on Saved to access your saved plans.
- Tap on the plan that you want to upload to the cloud and select the Add to Cloud option.
- Click the Log In option within the dialog that appears. Sign in to your existing Chief Architect Online Account or create a new account by clicking the Register button.
If you have a Chief Architect Online Account already setup, then you can use your existing e-mail address and password to sign in to your account within the Room Planner application.
Now that you are signed in, tap on your plan and tap on the Add to Cloud icon once again.
- A loading circle may appear during this process. Once complete, a green cloud icon will appear next to the plan name, signifying it was uploaded successfully.
To import the design
- Launch Chief Architect or Home Designer and select File> New Plan to create a new blank plan.
- Go to File> Import> Import Room Planner File .
- In the Chief Architect Account Login dialog that displays, enter in the e-mail address and password for your account and hit OK.
- The Import Room Planner File dialog will appear and you will now see all of the plans that you have uploaded to the cloud from Room Planner.
Click on the plan you'd like to import to select it, and click OK.
Walls, doors and windows from the Room Planner plan will now be imported and can be further modified to your liking using tools in the Home Designer or Chief Architect desktop software.