July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
How do I add a corner cabinet to a plan?
There are two ways to create a corner cabinet in Chief Architect.
For this example we will use a Base Cabinet, but you can use this same procedure to create corner Wall and Full Height cabinets
- You can click near the intersection of two perpendicular walls to place a corner cabinet, or
- You can specify an existing cabinet as a corner cabinet.
To automatically place a corner cabinet
- Select Build> Cabinet> Base Cabinet .
- Once you choose a cabinet, the cursor will appear as a cross hair with the Base Cabinet icon next to it. You will also see an outline of a corner cabinet in the corner.
- Position the cross hair in a corner of the room, making sure that it is as close to the corner as possible.
- Click the mouse button once and a diagonal-shaped cabinet should display in the corner.
Note: A regular cabinet may be created if the cross hair is not placed exactly in the corner of the room. If a regular cabinet places, use the menus to select Edit> Undo and begin step four again.
To specify an existing cabinet as a corner cabinet
- Click on a cabinet to select it and click the Open Object edit button.
- On the General panel of the cabinet's specification dialog:
- Change the Width value so that it is greater than the Depth value.
In this example, the Width is changed to 36" while the Depth remains at 24".
- Select Corner from the Special Type drop-down list.
- Click OK to close the dialog and apply your changes.
- The cabinet will now become a corner cabinet, regardless of how it was originally created.
To set this corner cabinet as a Lazy Susan
- Select the Cabinet and click on the Open Object edit button to display the Base Cabinet Specification dialog.
- Select the General panel, and under Corner Options, place a checkmark next to Lazy Susan to indicate a lazy Susan in the cabinet’s label and its appearance in floor plan view.
- If you would like the corner cabinet to have a standard front, remove the checkmark from the Diagonal Door checkbox, then click OK on the Base Cabinet Specification dialog.