June 8, 2017
The information in this article applies to:
I would like to create stairs with glass or cable panels, how can I accomplish this task?
Creating a custom stair railing can be added to a staircase using the railing tool.
In Chief Architect X9, railing panels can be applied using the Staircase Specification. Please view Article KB-01029
for instructions on that process.
Draw stair railings manually
*This method can be used in Chief Architect X3 and newer.
- Select the staircase and click the Open Object edit button.
- In the Staircase Specification dialog, switch to the Railing panel and disable both the Left and Right railings, then click OK.
- Now, select Build> Railing and Deck> Straight Railing from the menu.
- Draw a railing under the edge of the staircase on each side.
- Select the new railings and click the Open Object edit button.
If you have trouble selecting the railing try clicking where the railing should be and then pressing the Tab Key on your keyboard.
- Under the Rail Style panel of the Railing Specification dialog, select Panels and Follow Stairs.
- On the Newels/Balusters panel, click the Library button in the Panels section to select a new glass panel from the library.
- Click OK to accept you changes.