The information in this article applies to:
I created a polyline using the Draw Line and Draw Arc tools, but cannot get the edges that I drew to connect for a single object. Instead, the individual lines and arcs can only be selected separately. What am I doing wrong?
Individual CAD lines and arcs can be snapped together end-to-end to form a polyline, but only when Endpoint Object Snaps are turned on and Connect CAD Segments is turned on.
Note: In version X7 and earlier, the Connect CAD Segments option was called Edit Object Parts, and you want Edit Object Parts to be deselected.
To turn on Endpoint Object Snaps and turn off Edit Object Parts
- Select Edit> Snap Settings from the menu and make sure that Object Snaps - and particularly, Endpoint snaps - are enabled.
- Find Edit> Edit Behaviors> Connect CAD Segments from the menu. Make sure that Connect CAD Segments has a checkmark next to it.
- You can also toggle Connect CAD Segments on and off on the CAD panel of the Preferences dialog:
- Select Edit> Preferences from the menu if you're on a Windows PC or Chief Architect> Preferences if you're on a Mac and select CAD from the list of categories on the left.
- Check the box beside Connect CAD Segments in the Options section.
- Click OK to close the dialog and apply your change.
After a connected polyline has been created, if a segment of the polyline needs to be disconnected and moved or altered, you can disconnect a segment from the polyline.
To disconnect a segment from a polyline
- Using the Select Objects tool, click on the desired segment of the polyline,
- then click on the Disconnect Selected Edge edit tool.
The selected segment can now be deleted, moved or altered separate from the rest of the polyline.
Alternatively, select CAD> Lines> Disconnect Edges to toggle the Disconnect Edges option. With this option turned on, each segment selected will disconnect from the polyline.