July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
How do I save a 2D or 3D view of my plan as a graphic, or picture file, such as a .bmp, .jpg or .png?
In Chief Architect, any view can be exported out of the program and saved as a graphic file that can be opened in a variety of other applications.
To export a picture
- Open the Chief Architect plan in which you would like to save a view as a picture, then either open the desired view window or create the needed view using the 3D or CAD Tools.
- With the desired view active, select File> Export> Export Picture (BMP,JPG,PNG) from the menu.
- Choose your Image size and properties in the Export Picture dialog and click ok.
- In the Export Picture File dialog which opens next:
- Browse to the location on your computer where you would like to save your graphic file.
- In the File name field, type a short, descriptive name for your graphic file.
- Click the Save as type drop-down list and select a file format for your picture.
Note: The choices that are available vary depending on program version.
- Click the Save button to close the dialog and save your graphic file as specified.