The information in this article applies to:
When I try to print my .plan file, the print scale is set at 1/4" = 1'.
I would like the scale to be something different - possibly 1/8" = 1'. How do I change the scale in the Print dialog when the field is not accessible?
If you have already sent a view to your .layout file at a specific scale, and are printing from that layout view, the Drawing Scale should remain at a 1:1 scale.
These instructions work for printing either to a physical plotter, or to a PDF file.
When the Print dialog is opened, the Drawing Scale is already set and is displayed as a reference only. Using the procedure below, however, you can set the scale for the current print job, as well as future print jobs.
To set the Drawing Scale
- Select File> Print> Drawing Sheet Setup .
- In the Drawing Sheet Setup dialog:
- Under the Drawing Scale heading, specify your desired Drawing Scale.
For more information on the various options in this dialog, click the Help button.
- Once you have made the appropriate changes, click the OK button to close the dialog.
- Select File> Save from the menu to save your new Drawing Scale with the current file.
- When you're ready to print, from the menu select File> Print> Print to open the Print View dialog.
Notice that under the Drawing Scale heading, the scale reflects what you set it as in the Drawing Sheet Setup dialog.
Make sure To Scale is the selected radio button when you go to print.
- Click OK to print your plan at the selected scale.
To learn more about printing at a specific scale in Chief Architect, navigate to Help> Launch Help in your program, and search: Printing to Scale