December 15, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
I would like to adjust what my manually drawn dimensions locate, such as walls, cabinets, fixtures, openings, etc. Where do I need to go to make this change?
You can choose what dimensions locate by modifying the Default Settings.
To change the Default Settings
- Select Edit> Default Settings .
- In the Default Settings dialog, expand the list next to Dimension.
- Click on Dimensions to highlight it, then select the Edit button to display the Saved Dimension Defaults dialog.
- Choose the appropriate Current Default, and click on the Edit button.
- Select the Locate Objects panel.
To learn more about the options in this dialog, within the software itself, click on the Help button located near the lower right.
- Once you have finished making changes, click OK to apply them.
If you do not want to change your Default Settings for all of your dimensions, but rather perhaps just need to adjust a single individual dimension line, you can do this as well.
Zoom in on the end of the dimension that you want to adjust.
- Using the Select Objects tool, select the dimension, then click and drag the edit handle to the wall layer that you want to dimension to.