July 14, 2017
The information in this article applies to:
I would like to turn off the display of Floor 0, my foundation level, so that I don't see it in my Cross Section/Elevation views. How can I do this?
You can control the display of objects by checking or unchecking the Display column in Layer Display options for the active view's layer set.
The display of foundation walls, slabs, curbs, piers and footings is controlled in the Layer Display Options dialog.
- Foundation Walls, including grade beams, Slab Footings and Garage curbs, are placed on the “Walls, Foundation” layer by default.
- Footings under Slab Footings and Foundation Walls are placed on the “Footings” layer by default, as are foundation piers.
- Post footings and deck post footings are placed on the “Footings, Post” and “Footings, Deck Post” layers by default.
- Slabs created using the Slab Tools are placed on the “Slabs” layer by default.
- Wall labels and slab labels are placed on the “Walls, Labels” and “Polylines 3D, Labels” layers, respectively.
- The “Foundations” layer controls the display of all objects on Floor 0 in 3D views but does not affect floor plan view.
To turn off the display of the foundation in an elevation view
- With your Cross Section/Elevation view active, select Tools> Layer Settings> Display Options .
In Chief Architect X5 and prior, navigate to Tools> Display Settings> Display Options.
- Scroll down to the Foundation layer, and remove the checkmark from the Disp column.
- Click OK to apply this change.