April 27, 2020
The information in this article applies to:
How do I determine if I have a 32-bit or 64-bit system?
In this article, we will explain how to determine if your system is a 32-Bit or 64-Bit system. Please select the option that is applicable to your operating system.
To determine system type for macOS
- Open the Apple menu and choose About This Mac.
- Click the System Report button. If you do not see a System Report button, click the More Info button and then click the System Report button.
- Under the Hardware panel, locate the Processor Name in the Hardware Overview.
- Use the chart below to identify your processor type.
To determine system type for Windows
- On the keyboard, hold down the Windows Key and press the letter R.
- In the Run dialog that displays, type in msinfo32 and click OK.
- In the System Information dialog that displays, on the System Summary panel, look for the line that says System Type
- System Type x64-based PC means that you have a 64-bit system.
- System Type x86-based PC means that you have a 32-bit system.