The information in this article applies to:
There is currently no online help available for this topic.
Message boxes in Chief Architect have a Check Knowledge Base button that, when clicked, launches your default web browser to a Knowledge Base article with information about the message. If there is not an article relating to the message in question, you will be directed to this page.
If you are continuously receiving an error while working on a plan or layout, or if you are receiving a message referring to a malformed database disk image, please gather as much data as possible and report the issue to Technical Support by creating a ticket in the Technical Support Center following the instructions below.
To report an issue to Technical Support
The Technical Support Center can be accessed by logging into your Chief Architect account. For additional information on using the Technical Support Center, see the Related Articles section below.
To effectively troubleshoot this error, Technical Support will need all of the following information
- The exact wording and details of the error.
- The conditions under which the error occurred.
- Additional supporting files including a backup of the entire plan, the computer's System Information, and the software's Message Log.
For instructions on obtaining these files, please see the Related Articles section below.
Please note the exact wording of the error
Click the Details button, if available, and make a note of the error number in addition to any additional wording shown. If possible, copy the full text of the error message exactly as it is shown, or take a screenshot of the error details.
To create a screen capture on a Windows computer
- Click on the message box title bar to make sure it is the active window.
- Press the Print Screen key on the keyboard.
- Open an image editing application such as Microsoft Paint and select Edit> Paste from the menu.
- Select File> Save and save the file.
To create a screen capture on a Mac computer
- Click on the message box title bar to make sure it is the active window
- On your keyboard press the Command key, the Shift key and the number 3 all at the same time.
- This will save a screenshot image on your desktop.
Note what you were doing when the error occurred
As soon as possible after the error occurs, write down exactly what you were doing in the program. Important information to note includes:
- What plan or layout file you were working on.
- What kind of view was active (ex: floor plan view, layout view, camera view, CAD Detail window).
- How many files and/or view windows were open.
- What drawing or editing tool was active.
- What object you were editing.
- Any unusual program behavior or other error messages you may have noticed.
If possible, attach the following files, along with any screenshots, to your Support Center case by following the instructions in the Related Articles section below.
- A backup of the entire plan and layout.
- The software's Message Log.
- The computer's System Information file.